Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl is a drama about privileged teens living in the upper east side of Manhattan, New York. Gossip Girl is an anonymous blogger, who reveals all kinds of secrets, and everyone relies on this website for the latest scoops of their scandalous lives.

My favorite character in this series is Blair Waldorf. She is a daughter of a successful fashion designer and is known as the “Queen B” of the upper east side. She is very manipulative, downright evil, and everyone probably hates her at the beginning of the show. However, as we get to know her good side and see her overcome the struggles, she would truly be your favorite character.

Here are some of my favorite Blair quotes

“Destiny is for losers. It’s just astupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.”

“If you really want something, you don’t stop for anyone or anything until you get it.”
“You need to be cold to be queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart, and she got her head chopped off.”

Our Favorite Blair Waldorf Quotes of All Time – SheKnows

“You can’t make people love you, but you can make them fear you.”

As you can tell from these quotes, she was a person who would work hard and do whatever it takes for what she wants. Although she was feared at times, she was always powerful, determined, and independent. That doesn’t mean she was a cold-hearted person, but she was also very caring and supportive for the people around her. There are many more things I want to say, but since it will take me forever, please watch the show and find out.

“Tokkebi”(English title: Guardian: The Lonely and Great God)

The story has relation with the Goryeo era and the present era. Main character, Kim Shin served as a General of the king in the Goryeo era, and he was a strong legendary man as people called them ‘god of military arts’. One day, he got killed by the king’s sword, and it got lodged in his chest. However, as a reward for what he has contributed to the country, the god grants him immortal life as a goblin ‘Tokkebi’. As time passes, he feels lonely to see all the loved ones passing away and seeing that for 939 years. The only way to end his life is to find his bride and ask her to draw a sword from his chest. He meets Eun-tak, a high school student and they start to fall in love as time passes.

My favorite character is Lee Dong-wook. He is a handsome grim reaper, and he is a housemate of Kim Shin. He has no memory about anything, although once he starts to fall in love with a lady called Sunny, he starts to recall his memory.

Reasons I like him is because…

1. Unique job description: He receives a letter when someone dies, and he is in charge of bringing them to a room to guide dead people to a world of their afterlives. He gives tea to a dead person to erase their memory before sending them to a new world. The room is sophisticated, and makes me want to visit there at the last moment of my life too.

1. Pure romantic story with Sunny: He had lived for over 300 years, however he had not fallen in love with anyone until meeting up Sunny, and he is clumsy with love. While a romantic story between Shin and Eun-tak is not always simple and often complicated, a romantic story between Dong-wook and Sunny is pure and sweet to watch over. For example, he struggles to exchange their numbers, as he did not even own a phone like a human.

2. Friendship with Shin: Shin and Dong-wook’s personalities are opposite and they were uncomfortable living together at first. However, they get closer as the story goes on, and they show us funny interaction. They support each other, and these scenes are heartwarming.

Images and music are beautiful as well, and I am sure that you would be hooked into this fantasy world once you start watching. I recommend you to watch it if you have time!